About Green Triangle
What is the Green Triangle?
The Green Triangle is the 9th District looking at everything we do differently. In fact, the Green Triangle IS the 9th District. We know that, in order to create the future we want:
- we have to recognize that our individual actions are all connected,
- we must integrate new questions into our decision making – individual, business, and government, and
- we have to believe that it truly is OUR future - together.
What is that future we want?
Imagine Individuals, Businesses and Government working together to create a 9th District of:
- Green spaces for people to connect with nature and each other;
- Green options for transportation; and
- Green thinking that promotes the conservation of resources and our small neighborhood feel.
With leadership from 9th District Councilwoman Tina Ward-Pugh and the commitment of all 9th District residents, this vision can become a reality.
How do we get there?
The 9th District is a community of rich resources. We are passionate people, who have abundant energy for making our community a better place, and are willing to explore creative solutions to get there. We know that we have to focus on building our community in a sustainable and green way.
Most importantly we have hope that our future can be different. We will make intentional choices about our individual and collective actions so that our community is more sustainable and resilient. We will:
- protect our environment,
- use, nurture, and support our local resources, and
- ensure that everyone has a role to play in bringing the vision to life.
Check out our Green Triangle Community Goals
What are we doing?
- We’re working to view everything we do through a Green Lens. We want to make sure that green opportunities are explored for every new project, every maintenance need, and every action.
- We’re working to create an infrastructure, both real and metaphoric, that allows everyone to connect to green opportunities regardless of issue or interest level.
- We’re creating a community-owned process. If we all own it, then it is truly sustainable.
- We’re measuring our impact. Our results are important so we know we are making a difference, but they are also important so that we can bring more outside resources and support into our community to multiply our efforts.
We want people to see all the green opportunities around them, we want them to live those green choices, and eventually be truly sustainable. We are working to create a new normal for the 9th District.
We’re spreading the word about all the possible things that might happen if we work together, and we’re demonstrating the change we can make. Block by block, we’re strengthening our community and making it more green.
We’re measuring our impact, inventorying our assets, and sharing our knowledge and expertise.
Most importantly, we’re developing relationships with each other that will guarantee we see the future we want.
Learn more about Green Triangle history.
Do you have questions about, want to get connected with, or want to support Green Triangle? Contact:
Katie Holmes, Special Projects Coordinator
601 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202